NAI International Conference Scholarship for ZWPA Community Members
Have you always wanted to attend an NAI International Conference but the cost was just out of reach? Or were you planning on attending, but some financial support will make it easier for you?
Here is an opportunity to offset some of the cost of an already low-cost conference. If you are a member of the Zoos, Wildlife Parks & Aquaria Community (ZWPA)of the National Association for Interpretation (NAI), then you are half way there! Complete the application and send it in by the deadline date of January 26, 2018.
The 2018 NAI International Conference will take place in Reims, France in April from the 16th -20th. Conference details are found on the NAI website or here.
Our ZWPA Community would like to support our members to participate in professional development through scholarships to conferences. This scholarship is for $500 towards registration with any remaining funds to go towards travel expenses. Fill out the application and short essay and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 26 so we can get you registered before the early bird registration deadline so you can have more funds for expenses.
If we do not have any applications meeting the requirements prior to January 26, we will extend the deadline.
Nominate someone today for the ZWPA Outstanding Interpreter Award!
Front-line interpreters in Zoos, Wildlife Parks, and Aquariums can take many forms: educator, keeper, volunteer. The ZWPA Outstanding Interpreter Award recognizes an individual, whatever the title, who demonstrates excellence in animal interpretation. The recipient of the award should be a member of the ZWPA
section of NAI, although they can be nominated by a non-member. The award criteria are available below. Nominations are due to email@example.com by August 1st.
Nominations should include the name of the nominee, the nominee’s institution, and the name of the person submitting the nomination. Nominations should answer the following questions and may include up to three letters of support.
• What is this individual’s role in your institution? What types of programs does this person present?
• How does this person use interpretation to further the mission of your institution? Please give specific examples.
• Does the nominee work improve interpretation at your institution? Please describe any innovative interpretive programs or products the nominee has created.
• Does the nominee actively work to improve their interpretation skills through training, certifications, etc.? Please list any certifications, awards, or recognition they have received.
• Does the nominee actively work to advance the profession of interpretation and the use of interpretation in zoos? List activity in NAI or AZA at section, regional or national level. Include offices held, committee work and workshop involvement, if applicable.
If you would like to nominate someone for the ZWPA award and are unsure if they are a member, please contact Terry Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.