Certified Interpretive Guide Scholarship sponsored by ZWPA
Our ZWPA Community would like to support our members to participate in professional development through scholarships. This scholarship is for up to $400 to cover registration and certification for a Certified Interpretive Guide course in 2018. Recipients must be ZWPA and NAI members and we ask that applicants fill out the scholarship form and return it by June 30, 2018.
Scholarship application: 2018 ZWPA Application – CIG Scholarship
Email your application by June 30, 2018 to: Jamie.email@example.com
Nominate someone today for the ZWPA Outstanding Interpreter Award!
Front-line interpreters in Zoos, Wildlife Parks, and Aquariums can take many forms: educator, keeper, volunteer. The ZWPA Outstanding Interpreter Award recognizes an individual, whatever the title, who demonstrates excellence in animal interpretation. The recipient of the award should be a member of the ZWPA
section of NAI, although they can be nominated by a non-member. The award criteria are available below. Nominations are due to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st.
Nominations should include the name of the nominee, the nominee’s institution, and the name of the person submitting the nomination. Nominations should answer the following questions and may include up to three letters of support.
• What is this individual’s role in your institution? What types of programs does this person present?
• How does this person use interpretation to further the mission of your institution? Please give specific examples.
• Does the nominee work improve interpretation at your institution? Please describe any innovative interpretive programs or products the nominee has created.
• Does the nominee actively work to improve their interpretation skills through training, certifications, etc.? Please list any certifications, awards, or recognition they have received.
• Does the nominee actively work to advance the profession of interpretation and the use of interpretation in zoos? List activity in NAI or AZA at section, regional or national level. Include offices held, committee work and workshop involvement, if applicable.
If you would like to nominate someone for the ZWPA award and are unsure if they are a member, please contact Terry Joyce at email@example.com.