Nominate someone today for the ZWPA Outstanding Interpreter Award!
Front-line interpreters in Zoos, Wildlife Parks, and Aquariums can take many forms: educator, keeper, volunteer. The ZWPA Outstanding Interpreter Award recognizes an individual, whatever the title, who demonstrates excellence in animal interpretation. The recipient of the award should be a member of the ZWPA
section of NAI, although they can be nominated by a non-member. This award criteria is available below. Nominations are due to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com by August 1st.
Nominations should include the name of the nominee, the nominee’s institution, and the name of the person submitting thenomination. Nominations should answer the following questions, and may include up to three letters of support.
• What is this individual’s role in your institution? What types of programs does this person present?
• How does this person use interpretation to further the mission of your institution? Please give specific examples.
• Does the nominee work to improve interpretation at your institution? Please describe any innovative interpretive programs or products the nominee has created.
• Does the nominee actively work to improve their interpretation skills through training, certifications, etc.? Please list any certifications,awards, or recognition they have received.
• Does the nominee actively work to advance the profession of interpretation and the use of interpretation in zoos? List activity in NAI or AZA at section, regional or national level. Include offices held, committee work and workshop involvement, if applicable.
If you would like to nominate someone for the ZWPA award and are unsure if they are a member, please contact Terry Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.