Welcome to the ZWPA an organizational unit in NAI. We are a group of interpreters that specialize in connecting people to wildlife and conservation. We are educators, volunteers, naturalists, exhibit designers, keepers, professors, and students. Check out our membership page to see where we work.
This web site is dedicated to keeping the ZWPA members informed about our activities, conferences, webinars, newsletters, educational resources and members. Our hope is with this web site in coordination with Facebook groups will keep us all informed and networked.
Your ZWPA leadership team is busy getting material for our summer newsletter. Do you have any summer programs at your site you would like to highlight? How about any summer interpretive tips you would like to share? We are also looking for an awesome summer photo from your site to put on the cover of the newsletter. Send any and all to Dan Albro, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is Monday June 26th, 2017
Outstanding Interpreter Award Nominations
Front-line interpreters in Zoos, Wildlife Parks, and Aquariums can take many forms: educator, keeper, volunteer. This award was created to recognize a NAI – ZWPA member, in good standing, whatever the title, who demonstrates excellence in animal interpretation.
Name of Nominee:
- What is this individual’s role in your institution? What types of programs does this person present?
- How does this person use interpretation to further the mission of your institution? Please give specific examples.
- Does the nominee work to improve interpretation at your institution? Please describe any innovative interpretive programs or products the nominee has created.
- Does the nominee actively work to improve their interpretation skills through training, certifications, etc.? Please list any certifications, awards, or recognition they have received.
- Does the nominee actively work to advance the profession of interpretation and the use of interpretation in zoos? List activity in NAI or AZA at section, regional or national level. Include offices held, committee work and workshop involvement, if applicable.
- Include up to three letters of support.
Nomination Deadline is August 1st, 2017
Call for Nominations – ZWPA Secretary-Treasurer
Nominate a colleague or volunteer to become Secretary-Treasurer of the Zoos, Wildlife Parks & Aquaria Section of the National Association for Interpretation. Nominations are due July 15th, with the election beginning October 1. This is a volunteer position with a three-year term starting in January 2018 – December 2020. Please see ZWPA Secretary-Treasurer Position Description for details at https://zwpa.wordpress.com/
Prerequisites for All Nominees/Candidates
All nominees and subsequent candidates must comply with the following criteria:
- Candidates may be any NAI & ZWPA member in good standing at the time of nomination.
- Candidates must maintain an active individual membership throughout the election process and their term of office, if elected.
- Candidates must state a willingness to sign the NAI Code of Ethics for Elected Officers.
Nominations letter should follow:
- Candidate statement should be a narrative in two parts and cannot exceed 300 words for the entire document.
- Short bio, no more than 150 words
- Intent statement, no more than 150 words
- Headshot of candidate in a jpg format
- Microsoft Word Document
Email nominations by July 15th to email@example.com
AZA CONSERVATION EDUCATION
We are now linked to the AZA Conservation Education committee newsletter. Check it out!